Books

Learn more about me and my books at http://debbi.weitzell.com.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Livin' the Dream

I’m going to put politics aside for a while and get back to what really rocks my world—writing. Well, that’s just one of the things that rocks me, but it’s the one this blog was intended to be about.

Tonight is a milestone. I just sent the final galley proof of Dan Powell: The Making of an American Cowboy back to the publisher. My first “real” book. How many years have I been planning to be able to say that? It is only the first of many. I intend to finish a trilogy in the next few months as well: Book I is in final revision, Book II is well underway, and Book III is outlined. I also have a booklet that I self-published a few years ago that I am thinking of revising and making available online. Then I can get to the myriad of other ideas I want to develop, including screenplays and plays. In short, at long last, I am a full-time writer.

With all those projects comes a lot of marketing work. That will eat up the rest of the hours that I’m not asleep. I haven’t figured out how I’m going to garden, cook, clean, etc. as well. (Does anyone want to volunteer?) But there has to be a way, and I’ll find it. I’m livin’ the dream.

I love what Janette Rallison has to say about being a writer (wwww.janetterallison.com, Top 10 Reasons, at the bottom of the page). She’s learned to keep it all in perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment